Our NEPTuNE team of scholars, PIs and dedicated PPIs met on Friday, November 19th for another Virtual Study Day. Our scholars made very detailed presentations on their research to date. This included updates on their recruitment progress which has been impacted by COVID restrictions, their PPI involvement and there research in general. It was great to hear how they ae getting on. Our regular Study Days give us an opportunity to brainstorm and make suggestions for overcoming the research challenges such as patient recruitment.
We are always very grateful for the dedicated input of our PPI team. Their contributions to the Study Day are invaluable!
After a short break, most of the team attended the 12th Irish Neonatal Research Symposium that was also held online. This year the NBCI has helped to facilitate this event which attracts internationally renowned speakers such as:
– Professor Topun Austin, Consultant Neonatologist, Cambridge University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust, UK
– Professor Terri Inder, Chair, Brigham and Women’s Hospital, Professor, Harvard Medical School
– Professor Mohammed El-Dib, Assistant Professor of Paediatrics, Brigham and Women’s Hospital, Harvard Medical School
– Professor Courtney-Jane Wusthoff, Associate Professor of Neurology, Stanford University/Lucile Packard Children’s Hospital
– Professor Sonia Bonifacio, Clinical Professor, Paediatrics, Neonatal and Developmental Medicine, Stanford University/Lucile Packard Children’s Hospital